It’s been a while since I last posted something in the Food section. For this week, here’s a simple and delicious pasta recipe that I enjoyed making. It is neither Italian nor traditional but does a decent job tickling your taste buds and is a guilt-free indulgence for a lazy winter(or rainy) evening.
Spaghetti Pasta in Tomato Sauce
- Weikfield Wheat Spaghetti Pasta – ½ pack
- Medium-sized tomatoes – 4
- Medium-sized onions – 3 (finely chopped)
- Capsicum – 1 (chopped)
- Garlic – 8 to 10 cloves (chopped)
- Chili Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Black Pepper – 8 to 10 (ground)
- Tomato ketchup (as needed)
- Sugar, salt, oregano, Coriander leaves (finely chopped) and cheese – garnishing
- Boil the spaghetti with a pinch of salt and strain the water. Add 1 tbsp oil (refined or olive) to the cooked noodles and keep aside.
- Make 4 slits on each tomato and boil them. Peel the skin. Let cool and grind them into a puree.
- Add oil, chopped garlic, onion, and ginger garlic paste to a pan. Sauté till the onion becomes tender. Add capsicum and stir till tender.
- Add the tomato puree to the pan. Add salt, chilli sauce, powder, ground pepper and a pinch of sugar. Cook for 5 mins till the gravy reduces nicely.
- Add the cooked noodles and mix well. Add oregano and tomato ketchup as needed.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and cheese.
- Serve hot with a piece of brown bread.
One thought on “Spaghetti alla Puttanesca, the Indian way”
Excellent. I’ll soon try out and let you know how delicious it was😁